SOUTH COAST BJJ & MMA
Rules and Etiquette
One warning per student
Next warning will result in being ‘not so politely’ asked to leave the gym permanently
- Bow when you enter the training facility.
- All instructors are to be addressed as Sir or Coach when on the mat.
- All fees are to be paid BEFORE you set foot on the mats.
- No swearing, racism or harassment from any students.
- Tap early when being submitted.
- Give all opponents plenty of time to tap before they get injured.
- No neck cranks, spinal cranks, wrist locks or leg locks of any kind below blue belt.
- No slamming opponents from any positions.
- No hands, knees, forearms or elbows to the opponents face.
- Advise coach immediately if you are cut, bleeding, or injured.
- Wash your gi after every class.
- Do not talk on the mats when instructor is speaking.
- No ‘giving advice’ during a roll unless at least 2 stripes above your training partner.
- Always wear thongs when off the mat and wipe your feet before stepping back on.